10 iPad Apps for Web Developers
Today I want to share 10 iPad apps that are particularly geared towards web developers.
Because, with a product as aesthetically pleasing as the iPad, you just know it’s something that developers will be naturally drawn to- especially with apps like these to help us do better work.
Gusto was created to embrace the workflow of web development on the iPad. Quickly identify your project with a beautifully generated thumbnail of your website. Open your project and download multiple files and folders at a time from your FTP server. Gusto allows you to open multiple documents in tabs for faster navigation. After editing, preview your document locally to quickly see your updates. When it’s time to make your changes live, transfer your documents via the built-in FTP client or the easy to use document publishing. And now you’re editing… with Gusto.
FTP On the Go Pro
An FTP client for the iPhone and iPod touch. All the features of a desktop FTP client and more; a very powerful app.
With FTP On The Go, you can fix your website, and view files on your FTP server, from anywhere.
Code Monkey Source Editor FTP
What makes Pocket Monkey special is the custom renderer specifically built to keep text file whitespace formatting intact. Pinch zooming and line numbers allow you to navigate large text files quickly. Pocket Monkey even adds a tab key to keep both Code and Web monkeys happy.
- Syntax Highlighting HTML Editor.
- FTP access with folder and document listings.
- Copy your files down from the remote server.
- Manage local files, create and delete folders.
- Save a list of FTP accounts with username and passwords.
- Work on files locally, with an optional base url and preview from the local filesystem.
- Upload files to the remote server and test with built in remote preview, or on your iPad’s Safari browser.
EditPad for iPad
EditPad is an iPad HTML editor to go. With focus on organization and ease of use, EditPad is the best solution for Web Developers, Designers and Hobbyists.
The jQuery Reference escorts you whereever you go. You will have the documentation at your fingertips whenever you need it.
Markup for iPad lets you connect to your websites and edit the text files within them.
- Connect to FTP sites: Markup remembers the sites that you add and lets you work on them at any time
- Markup beautifully renders thumbnails of your site, so you can quickly find the one you want to access
- Browse through folders to find exactly what you’re looking for
- Download, edit, and upload text files such as HTML, CSS, PHP, CSS, etc
- Page text rendered in Inconsolata by Raph Levien, released under the OFL
- View images, such as png, jpg, and gif files as well as PDFs and documents from iWork, Microsoft Office that are hosted on your FTP server.
- Preview the pages you edit to test them without ever leaving Markup.
- Complete UI Persistence: check your email for the login credentials, and come back to find Markup exactly as you left it
Web page developer (WPD)
This application is design to easily be able to develop web pages mobile, and be able to upload to your ftp server while you are on the go. It comes with some great features. You can open up to 10 pages off your server or on the IPad locally and be able to navigate through them easily. You also have Page Previewing that enables you to see your web page layout quick and easily. Their is also a syntax bar to make the code writing go faster and smoother.
Source viewer XL
- Tags, keywords and CSS attributes are highlighted with a different color.
- It extracts the links which are embedded into HTML and CSS so that they can be followed easily.
- It collects all images from the HTML and CSS which can be viewed separately in a list and full screen.
- save bookmarks
- session history list
- toggle word wrap
- copy and paste code to clipboard
- open the URL in the browser and send it by email
Geek the Navigator
Geek Navigator for iPad, the great browser !
This browser show you the source code of web pages. Links remain active and you move from page to page without ever displaying anything else than source text. A small pop window show you real site content for quick discover some link. Source code is reading in the background
For webmaster, very useful in the construction phase of a site, you have instant access to various components of a site in text only mode, images are also displayed in full text!
This iPad version is really a great one, large screen make clean and easy to read code source.